for those who have read my blog for a while, it is apparent that i love beautiful shoes and handbags. the only way i can justify these purchases is if i spend a bit of time to care for them, so they last as long as possible. here are a few of the tools i use to help me:
1) stink free shoe spray. because shoes start to smell sometimes.
2) apple brand leather protector spray. probably the best purchase of the bunch. i immediately spray every bag i own with it the moment i bring the bag home, and same with my shoes. my ps1 has been caught in the rain so many times, and there are no marks to show.
3) apple brand leather conditioner. i use this to periodically clean handles and straps, and spot clean stains and marks. just put a little on a clean cloth (never on the bag or shoes directly!) and rub in carefully. it also helps breathe new life into worn or aged leather.
4) suede kit. the “eraser” and brush have saved my dicker boots so many times, which have also been caught in the rain. as i write this, i am also realizing i need to dress better for the nyc weather.
5) simple cleansing wipes. i know this is a weird one, but these wipes are portable and chemical-free. i keep them at my desk to both clean my face after the end of long work day, but also to wipe the insides and outsides of my manolos after a few wears. and if i need to get a stain off a bag in a pinch, i find that they usually do the trick.
6) a cobbler (obviously unpictured). every new pair of shoes goes straight to the cobbler for rubber soles on the bottom, before i wear them. i have also had cobblers change out heels, soles, and even just freshen up the leather.